On The Sun and Her Scorch, Dizzy instills their songs with a warm and open-hearted sincerity, an extension of the gentle camaraderie within the band itself. Dizzy’s origins lie in the longtime friendship between Munshaw and Charlie, who met in ninth-grade math class and later sang together in the school choir. The two decided to sidestep the university path and start a band, enlisting Mackenzie and Alex and getting their start gigging in local bars. Dizzy landed a deal with Royal Mountain Records, then released Baby Teeth in August 2018. Along with winning their Alternative Album Of The Year JUNO Award, the band found Baby Teeth included on the 2019 Polaris Music Prize Long List and praised by such taste making outlets as Stereogum, Earmilk, and The Line of Best Fit.
-25M streams on debut record
-367,600+ monthly listeners and 27.3K followers on Spotify.
-DSP Support: global support on Apple Music including playlist Future Hits, Untitled, The A-List: Alternative, Best of the Week (US), Indie Pop (US), Breaking Alt (US).
-Previous singles supported by Wilko & Beats 1
– 2019 Alternative Album of the Year JUNO winner for “Baby Teeth”.
– “Baby Teeth” included on the Polaris Long List 2019
– Continuously receives editorial support from CBC Q, Stereogum, NME, The 405, Line of Best Fit, Earmilk, etc.
– Have toured with Oh Wonder, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Stars, Tokyo Police Club, U.S. Girls, Milk & Bone.
– “Baby Teeth” reached #28 on the NACC Top 200 Chart and #8 on the !earshot National Top 50 chart.