Coordinator, Development and Partnerships
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
POSITION DETAILS: Full-time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Development & Partnerships
START DATE: January 2023
MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with CARAS and the JUNO Awards, believes all youth should have access to the life-changing benefits of music and music education. We work to make music education accessible, sustainable, and inclusive for kids who need it most. We achieve this by allocating instruments, equipment, and resources to schools across Canada that are under-resourced, geographically isolated, or struggling to meet the diverse needs of their students.
The MusiCounts Coordinator, Development and Partnerships will support and contribute to all fundraising, partnership development and stewardship activities, while also providing event support to the MusiCounts team. This individual will also assist in the planning and execution of MusiCounts-related activities at the annual JUNO Awards.
Senior Manager, Development & Partnerships
Development & Stewardship (80%)
- Work directly with the Snr. Manager, Development and Partnerships to set and achieve annual fundraising goals and revenue targets, and evaluate progress throughout the year
- Help develop targeted pitches to maximize partnerships and secure long term, multi-year deals
- Develop and manage proposals and applications to foundations (family and corporate)
- Research and identify new corporate prospects
- Execute donor communications strategy and all donor reports
- Manage and steward in memoriam and tribute gifts
- Solicit and oversee third party event activations
- Manage monthly donor, stewardship and reconciliation
- Collaborate with the marketing team with MusiCounts three annual giving campaigns
- Manage donor database through Raiser’s Edge which includes processing all donations, data input, data reporting, and tax receipting
- Collaborate with programs team as it pertains to donor-directed funding
Event Support (15%)
- Support the execution of MusiCounts fundraising events
- Provide support to the event team during JUNO Week, CMHF, etc.
- Oversee post-event activities including silent auction wrap-up and thanking sponsors, artists, and partners
- Administrative (5%)
- Book flights, travel, and accommodation for MusiCounts team
- Book and coordinate travel details for special award recipients
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- 2 years non-profit fundraising experience
- Expertise with fundraising databases
- Experience with Google Drive, Raiser’s Edge CRM, Metasoft, Wrike an asset.
- Astute professional able to take donors through the full donor journey/cycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Ability to practice professionalism, excellent customer service, and sound judgment under pressure
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian not for profit sector
- Music industry knowledge is an asset
MusiCounts has a positive and inclusive work environment that is team focused. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and health benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé to: Norine Shen – email@example.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
MusiCounts embraces the diversity of all people, including those with disabilities, and aims to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace where employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, a person of colour, as having a disability and/or as a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, we would be happy to work with you to meet your needs.